Thursday, September 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Jer Bear

Jer Bear . . . that's kinda cute, don't you think?

Man, I'm getting a little birthday fatigue here. These memory lanes stretch back foreva. Jer, I've known you even longer than I've known Jen.

Good grief, I used to change your diapers when you were just a li'l tike.

Okay, I haven't known you that long. But I babysat you plenty of times back in the day when you had that pinball machine in your bedroom, them bunnies in your backyard and those lyin eyes at the poker table.

Speaking of tables, remember that time Alan and I were having that super romantic Valentines dinner all by our selves? Even the candles were swooning when we got all sugary sweet and then I slipped off my pumps to play a little Flashdance footsie with my Valentine, but something was in the way . . . oh, yes, it was YOU! You were hiding under the table trying to get some pointers on how to wine and dine your future wife. (Bobbi, I hope we taught him well) And Jer I hope we didn't give you any cavities that night.

You must have been about ten. And now look at you! Are you 30 yet? I'm thinking close. (That was a major mid-life crisis year for me! Good luck, dude).

We've gone through all the stages with you, haven't we? Everything from welcoming you on the other side of your wedding threshold, to pushing Emy out for you during Bobbi's labor. (You're welcome, btw). And come to think of it, YOU WERE HERE with us the day 9-11 became more than just your birthday, but an American anniversary, am I right?

Hawaii with you guys was DA BOMB! Even if you did only get a B+ in my class, you were still my favorite (besides Bobbi). I'm feeling a bit verclempt all the sudden. I miss you guys. Those were the days. Life if just boring now. Thanks for all you do to keep the family together. Nobody does it better. You are so awesome.

LOVE YOU! Have a great birthday!

Deb

2 comments:

The Framptons said...

Thanks Deb! We sure miss it over there and love you guys!!!
Jer

The Framptons said...

You are awesome Deb. I do miss being in Hawaii with you guys.

Chase's Neighbor Killed in Apartment Fire