Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Check the Poo

Aloha family, it's me again, Deb, with an update from my super exciting life.

(And Jer, will you stop trying to dominate the conversation. I'm tualkin' here! ;)

Okay, so just as I'm snapping out of my mid-life boredom, AKA, PSFFRB (post super fun family reunion boredom) Garrett starts displaying symptons of it early Saturday. I should have suspected it when he was up at 7:30 am writing sentences that aren't due until Wednesday.

Finally he came out with it just as we were getting ready to go to the pool.

"I'm BORED! I want to go 4-wheeling! I want to buy a 4-wheeler right now!"

We chuckled. It was kinda cute, after all, especially since I had so recently felt his pain. But he was serious. "It's not funny! I want to go to town and buy a 4-wheeler!"

"We're going swimming. That will be fun," said Alan in his perky voice (you know what I'm talkin' about).

"Swimming? That's BORING! I want to go to town and buy a 4-wheeler."

So Alan gave him the let's-start-planning-and-saving speech and threw out a target date of a year.

"I have to save for a WHOLE yeeeeeear!?? That's POO!!!"

Okay, check the poo flashback. I almost expected Zach and Wyatt to jump out doing high kicks and smacking their okoles (hawaiian for backside). But poor Wyatt was laid out on the couch with a fever. Our little hemophiliac, who gets a needle to the vein twice a week, absolutely refused to chew, drink, slurp, snort or swallow tylenol. I was about ready to draw the liquid up with a syringe and administer an IV.

But I digress. We were talking about Poo. Are my kids the only ones that use that superlative to express their discontent? Tatum has been using it on a regular basis. "My hair looks like Poo!" or "This peanut butter tastes like poo!"

So, while we're on this subject, we unfortunately received a letter from the National History Day expressing their deepest embarrassment and regret to inform us that they made a mistake on the amount of Zach's prize $. He really only won $500. (Isn't it amazing what one little tiny zero can do? So small and yet soooooo huge--kinda like the 8/100th of a second that gave the U.S. Men's swim team the Gold medal over France in the 4oo relay. Sometimes the tiniest thing is nothing and sometimes it's everything.) Zach took it hard, as you can imagine. Afterall, he lost $4,500. Poof! Just like that. And to top it all off, Tatum cashed her $83.00 winnings, put it in her wallet, which she put in her purse, which she put in the car on our way to the the mall to spend it. When we got there, the purse had vanished into thin air and has not appeared since. All that hard earned cash . . . going, going, gone!

Now THAT's poo!

No comments:

Chase's Neighbor Killed in Apartment Fire